To stay in the loop on great blog topics like brand story, subscribe to our Newsletter
To live is to be part of a story. To live a story, a vision, a dream, marks the difference between “living” and “existing.”
For a business, it is the story that’s the difference between “selling products” and “influencing with a brand”. For a customer, that’s difference between being “sold to” and “empowered by”. For a leader, that’s the different between “herding sheep” and “inspiring more leaders.”
Every person and every brand has a unique story. Our own stories are about how we were raised, how we loved, what made us do what we do as well as our dreams, aspirations and beliefs. It’s the same for a brand. Stories engage. Standing by your brand stories inspires trust.
There are billions of stories out there – one or more for each individual on Earth. Only a few well told stories survive the test of time in the forms of literature, opera, or poetry by luminaries such as Shakespeare, Wagner, and Li Bai. Many an artist have tried, but the works of masters such as Rembrandt, Van Gough are the visual stories of mankind.
1. Profound understanding of humanity. Deep, broad and insightful understanding of humanity comes with a lifetime of relentless pursuit in both comprehending and serving all aspects of humanity, with passion, compassion, IQ and EQ. This lends the potential timelessness to a story.
2. Well-honed analytical skills. What raw materials should be used for what purposes in storytelling? What to keep, what to toss? What is true, what is not? What is relevant, what is distraction?… “Storytellers” like music composers, artists, writers, chefs, poets, surgeons, engineers and leaders all need these skills. But to be great, these analytical skills alone are not enough.
3. Architectural, visual, creative thinking. More than organizing and structuring, a good story requires architectural design using multi-dimensional thinking to incorporate functionality, artistry, themes and dreams all into a wholesome piece of art – the story. A well-told story is well designed architecture which is often called “frozen music”.
4. Many other skills, such as business strategies, leadership, communication, mastery of a language, and interpersonal, psychological, financial understandings are required to tell a great brand story for a business.
Personally, the most satisfying part of branding is telling a brand’s authentic stories, by distilling a brand’s visions, strategies, background and persona, to transform a business from a merely being financially successful to becoming a POWER BRAND and an INFLUENCER. In telling a business brand story, half is your brand’s own stories, the other half is your customers’ stories. Authentic and well told stories are the flesh on the bones. The bones are the brand DNA™ and strategies, the hallmark expertise of 10+ Visual Branding.
A brand’s storytelling is not done until the brand owner OWNS the stories, and LIVES it. Even after multiple drafts and brainstorming sessions, our branding process does not end at the last period of a brand script. I continue to guide brand owners with voice coaching and directing their performance on camera during filming. Afterwards comes brand-marketing – consistent and disciplined delivery of a brand’s unique value propositions. “Walk the Talk.”
My team and I are humbled, honored and privileged to brand and brand-market diverse brands, applying multi-dimensional and multi-disciplinary skills to this process, on websites and social media, online and offline, in prints and digitally. Analytical skills honed in law school, strategy skills from business school training in accounting, insurance, and organizational behavior, as well as professional journalist editing and architectural design. We also bring coaching and mentoring, deep and wide understanding of humanity from liberal arts education and award-winning professional visual artistry… On a scale from 1 – 10, we strive to serve our clients 10+, in building and growing their brands.
We at 10+ Visual Branding are the co-creator of your outstanding brand by making it “Stand for Something”, with integrated verbal, visual and film stories on websites and social media. At 10+ Visual Branding, we first help businesses with VISION honing their brands, so they are not just a mere financially successful company, but will grow into an excellent power brand. We help you know what your brand stands for, then we “walk the talk” at 10+ Super Brand to get your words out with innovative marketing programs, created to be for your brand, with your brand, of your brand, centered around your brand.
Please call us at (925) 878-1992, or email us at info@10PlusBrand.com
Written by Joanne Tan.
Edited by Glenn Perkins.
© by Joanne Tan, 2018. All rights reserved.
Please don’t forget to like it, comment, or better, SHARE IT WITH OTHERS, – they will be grateful!
– To stay in the loop, subscribe to our Newsletter
(About 10 Plus Brand: the “whole 9 yards” is not enough, we go 10+ to exceed your expectations in brand building, digital marketing, and content creation for both business and personal brands.)
– Visit our Websites:
– Find us online by clicking or follow these hashtags: