To stay in the loop on Influencer marketing and other topics, subscribe to our Newsletter
To listen as a podcast
To watch to as a video
A parting gift to you as we leave 2021 behind.
Remote working has turned us all into digital savvy marketers. As COVID changes working environments, online brand marketing becomes even more crucial in digital transformation. Influencer marketing is on top of the food chain of social media marketing. How to get to a higher level as an online influencer in 2021? – Hear from a global expert.
Neal Schaffer, a globally renowned influencer marketing expert and the author of four books on social media, including the latest “The Age of Influence”, gives cutting edge tips and insights during an interview by Joanne Tan, CEO and branding expert at 10 Plus Brand.
This 1st “Interview of Notables and Influencers by 10 Plus Brand is a Zoom video gift. Joanne Tan asked for tips & insights from Neal Schaffer, a global expert on influencer marketing, the jewel of the crown of digital marketing. You can follow other interviews on the 10 Plus Brand Youtube channel, or on the Podcast channel for 10 Plus Brand.
– If you are a listener, click the link after “podcast“.
– If you like to watch the video, click the link after “video blog“.
Podcast: Podcast Link
(To subscribe to the podcast: Apple, Google, Spotify Podcast Links)
Video Blog: Youtube Video
Neal Schaffer is an authority on helping innovative businesses digitally transform their sales and marketing. Founder of the digital marketing consultancy PDCA Social, Neal also teaches at Rutgers Business School and the Irish Management Institute. Fluent in Japanese and Mandarin Chinese, Neal is a popular keynote speaker and has spoken on four continents in more than a dozen countries. He is also the author of 4 sales and marketing books, including Maximize Your Social (Wiley) and the recently published The Age of Influence (HarperCollins Leadership), a ground-breaking book redefining digital influence. Neal has a podcast called Maximize Your Social Influence that offers marketing inspiration.
1) In a few sentences, please describe what does “influencer marketing” mean? Is the definition of “influencer” diluted, with democratization of influencing power?
2) In your book, you said that Donald Trump was an influencer before becoming the President of the United States, lots of people would agree with you, but there are people who view his “twitterer in chief” a negative trait for manipulating the mass and politics with social media, and would rather call him a demagogue instead of an influencer. Without getting into politics, what is your view on the nature of social media and the audience of social media, and the types of influences and influencers on social media?
3) In the hierarchy of all types of social media marketing, where does “influencer marketing” stand?
4) How can influencer marketing help B2B services? Such as accounting firms, law firms, business consultants, executive coaches, M&A specialists, etc.?
5) How can influencer marketing help funded technology startups? And small businesses?
6) How often should people post, on social media platforms, quality curated content? Once a day? Seven days a week?
7) Could you please give us some specific examples of how AI is playing a role in identifying the RIGHT influencers? Fake profiles? Disengaged audience, or whatever else?
8) Since COVID, there is an inundation of posts by aspiring “influencers” all over social media, especially on LinkedIn, what’s the effect of this on influencer marketing?
9) What do you anticipate the post COVID influencer marketing going to be like? Any changes that you anticipate?
10) There seems to be a “gaming” mentality, especially on the part of young people, for using digital media to create “demand generation” leads, and for using their “clan” of connections to post likes and comments in order to promote their posts; what effect does this have on people’s trust?
11) Last but not least, the question I ask every guest I interview on Podcast: What does your brand stand for?
For more stories around the same subject, follow this hashtag:
For brand building on websites, LinkedIn, and AI-enabled digital marketing, contact us.
Have a digitally prosperous rest of 2021 and 2022!
Please don’t forget to like it, comment, or better, SHARE IT WITH OTHERS, – they will be grateful!
– To stay in the loop, subscribe to our Newsletter
(About 10 Plus Brand: the “whole 9 yards” is not enough, we go 10+ to exceed your expectations in brand building, digital marketing, and content creation for both business and personal brands.)
– Visit our Websites:
– Find us online by clicking or follow these hashtags: